Non-Bank Cash Dispensing Machines Information

Forms, FAQs and Laws for Non-Bank Cash Dispensing Machines.

Registration Form

Frequently Asked Questions

What is the Registration fee for a new machine?


What is the renewal registration fee per machine?


What if I file the renewal after July 1?

There is a $100 late fine that will be assessed, which includes the $5 renewal fee for a total of $100.

When do registrations expire?

June 30 of each year.

If the business is sold, does the new owner need to file a new registration form along with a $5 fee?

No, if the machine is currently registered, the statute requires that the Commissioner be notified, in writing, of any changes.

If a machine is registered and then moved to a new location, is a new registration form and fee required?

No, RSA 399-F:3, III states that an operator, without being assessed a fee, shall promptly notify the commissioner in writing of any changes to the information previously reported on the registration form.

Who is the processor?

The processor is the person who electronically acquires financial data emanated from a cash dispensing machine and relays the data to a network.

Who is the servicing agent?

The servicing agent is a person who contracts with an operator to provide consumer relations, financial recordkeeping, or similar services.

Who is the operator?

The operator is the person who owns, leases, or otherwise legally controls a cash dispensing machine.

Can a nonbank cash dispensing machine accept deposits, loan payments, or process account transfers?

No, RSA 399-F:2, I9a) specifically prohibits these transactions.

What are the disclosure requirements?

RSA 399-F:4 states that the operator shall clearly and conspicuously disclose the following on a sign posted on the cash dispensing machine or in clear view of a consumer viewing the cash dispensing machine:

a) The name of the operator;
b) A disclaimer indicating that the operator is not a bank nor a credit union;
c The name, address, and 24-hour toll-free telephone number where a consumer may direct inquiries or complaints; and
d) The amount of the fee.


Registrants must be in compliance with all applicable state and federal laws.  The main NH law that is applicable to Non-Bank Cash Dispensing Machines is NH RSA 399-F.